I guarantee there will be no disappointed faces at the table when you serve up this huge tray of Chipotle Beef Nachos. A beast of a meal would be the best way to describe it 🙂
The low and slow method of cooking the beef means a cheap cut of beef is perfect so overall this is not an expensive meal to make.
It is super easy but the long cooking time means you need to be prepared. I like to put the beef in the oven whilst i´m making breakfast so I know it will be ready right in time for dinner. It´s also and option to cook overnight, especially if you want eat the nachos for lunch.
If you are cooking for more than 6 hours, you should add a little extra water to the meat to make sure it doesn´t dry out in the oven.
Feel free to try different toppings on the final dish i love avocado but you may prefer to make some pineapple salsa or something else fruity.
Chipotle Beef Nachos
- ½ kg beef brisket cheap cuts work really well
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 bags nacho chips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mozzorella
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bunch spring onion scallion
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos
- 1 Avocado
- 2 large tomatoes
- Pre-heat oven too 200 degrese farenheight
- Add the beef to a casserole dish
- Cobine the red wine, beef stock, chipotle powder, salt and pepper together and pour over the beef
- Cover with a lid or tin foil and place in the centre of the oven for 6-8 hours
- Remove the beef from the oven and shred it up using 2 forks (there should be just the right amount of liquid left to make the beef moist and delicious
- Pour the nachos onto an oven proof tray and scatter the cheese on top
- Place in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted then remove
- Place the shredded chipotle beef ove the chips and cheese and
- Cut the pepper and spring onion into small slices and spread ontop of the beef with the lettuce
- Chop avocado and tomatoes and add to the nachos
- Drizzle the yogurt on top and add some Jalapenos on top
- Serve immediately
I hope you enjoy the recipe and try it at home soon. I´d love if you can share the result on our Facebook page!
Check out some of my other recipes which make great additions to this recipe: