Yes, believe it or not, this very Italian sounding Chicken Caesar Salad originates in Mexico. Dating back to the 1920s the original recipe is rather unhealthy for a salad, but I have made a few changes that allow you to enjoy the Caesar Salad with a little less guilt.
This is a great summer Saturday, night recipe, super easy and works perfectly with a chilled glass of white wine and some crusty bread. ?You can also make a large bowl full as a side for BBQ season and just drop the chicken to make it a little lighter? Perfect!
If you love chicken, check these out:
Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1 large romaine lettuce cos or iceberg lettuce work well too
- 2-3 slices of bread
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 2 to matoes
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- Large handful of parmesan shavings
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 120 ml 1/2cup natural yoghurt
- 2 anchovy fillets
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. finely grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp. 15ml Worcester sauce
- Preheat oven to 220?C/430?F
- Cut bread into large cubes, place on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Clean lettuce and cut into large chunks and place on serving plates.
- Slice chicken breasts and place over lettuce with toasted bread cubes and anchovies.
- Cut tomatoes and eggs into quarters and arrange on salad.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a small blender and pulse a few times until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and sprinkle with the parmesan shavings.
- Serve with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
Follow us on Facebook for regular updates