Champagne and Black Pepper Easy Mushroom Risotto Recipe is a delightful and sophisticated version of an old Italian favorite now enjoyed all over the world.
Once or twice a week I try to force my carnivore husband to go meat-free. When I prepare this risotto for him he never complains about “no meat”. In saying that, feel free to add a meat accompaniment if you wish. We love some slices of grilled liver on top…Delicious!
Check out our latest blog post to find out more about our family and our travels.
Champagne and Black Pepper Easy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- Put 1 tbsp butter in a small pan over a medium heat and add the sliced mushrooms and 1 of the garlic cloves (crushed)
- Fry the mushrooms slowly until reduced then add a pinch of salt
- In the meantime, in a large frying pan add oil and add the remainder of the garlic (crushed) and finely chop the onion and add to the pan
- Cook over a medium heat until fragrant and almost browning
- Add a tiny splash of the champagne to slow down the cooking process then add the rice to the pan and stir until well combined
- Crumble the stock cube in the middle of the pan then add a splash of water to dissolve thoroughly, stir through the rice (adding the stock in this way means there is more flavor within the rice)
- You now need to keep stirring continuously adding a splash of water than a splash of champagne until soaked up each time
- When you have used up all of the liquid its time to take the pan off the heat and add the pepper, butter, and parmesan cheese
- Stir until melted and the risotto becomes glossy
- Serve immediately
Perfect served up with some rocket salad, parmesan shavings and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, just like the Italians would do it. Perhaps a shaving of truffle wouldn’t go wrong too… very posh!
If you love Italian food why not try my Italian Baked Meatball Recipe, it is to die for!