Champagne and Black Pepper Easy Mushroom Risotto Recipe is a delightful and sophisticated version of an old Italian favorite now enjoyed all over the world.
Once or twice a week I try to force my carnivore husband to go meat-free. When I prepare this risotto for him he never complains about ?no meat?. In saying that, feel free to add a meat accompaniment if you wish. We love some slices of grilled liver on top?Delicious!
Easy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- Put 1 tbsp butter in a small pan over a medium heat and add the sliced mushrooms and 1 of the garlic cloves (crushed)
- Fry the mushrooms slowly until reduced then add a pinch of salt
- In the meantime, in a large frying pan add oil and add the remainder of the garlic (crushed) and finely chop the onion and add to the pan
- Cook over a medium heat until fragrant and almost browning
- Add a tiny splash of the champagne to slow down the cooking process then add the rice to the pan and stir until well combined
- Crumble the stock cube in the middle of the pan then add a splash?of water to dissolve thoroughly, stir through the rice (adding the stock in this way means there is more flavor?within the rice)
- You now need to keep stirring?continuously adding a splash of water than a splash of champagne until soaked up each time
- When you have used up all of the liquid its time to take the pan off the heat and add the pepper, butter, and parmesan cheese
- Stir until melted and the risotto becomes glossy
- Serve immediately
Perfect served up with some rocket salad, parmesan shavings and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, just like the Italians would do it. Perhaps a shaving of truffle wouldn?t go wrong too? very posh!
If you love Italian food why not try my?Italian Baked Meatball Recipe, it is to die for!