One of most decedent nut recipes you can think of, Candied Bacon Pecans are morish, to say the least.
Crunchy nuts and a delightfully sweet and salty coating with the occasional bite of bacon make this a very worthwhile time slaving over the stove.
This recipe can take a little time to prepare but it’s pretty simple:
- Make the candied bacon by frying in a pan with sugar and vinegar
- Toss the pecans and the candied bacon together
- Bake until crunchy and sticky
You need no special equipment and it is easy enough even for a novice home cook.
I recommend you eat them as soon as the cool enough but to be honest I don’t think you will be able to resist for much longer anyway.
If you love nuts you must try some of my other recipes:
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 piri piri chilies
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut the bacon into very small chunks
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat
- Add the bacon and stir for 2 minutes while it begins to cook
- Remove the seeds from the chilies and chop very finely then add to the bacon in the pan
- Add the vinegar and sugar and stir to combine
- Reduce the heat to low and stir consistently to avoid burning – the bacon should start caramelizing so you need to be careful not to burn
- Remove from the heat when the syrup becomes thick
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F / 175C
- Add the pecans to a bowl and add the candied bacon and the remaining ingredients
- Stir to avoid the bacon sticking together and until the icing sugar has dissolved and coated all of the pecans
- Place the mixture into a casserole dish and spread out so there is some space in between
- Bake for 5 minutes then use a spatula to move them so they don't stick together or to the bottom of the dish
- Repeat a further 2 times and you should have some crunch but sticky delights
- Serve after cooling for 5 minutes
I hope you love them. Check out my Facebook page so you can have all of my recipes as soon as they are posted.