Burger breakfast is not exactly what you picture when you think of a healthy breakfast but if you are following a low carb diet, this recipe is a great treat. And, a brilliant way to use up leftovers too.
I love everything about this dish. It’s very high in protein and maybe a little too high in saturated fat but that?s what makes it a treat after all.
You can use any cheese you like, Brie or Jack cheese are tasty options too.
This recipe includes a very simple salsa recipe, take a look at my easy salsa option if you have time. I love the combination of egg and salsa it?s such a big hit in my house.
This simple salsa also goes well with some scrambled eggs. It makes for an even heather breakfast that you can choose every day.
If you need a great burger recipe check out Pepperscales Habanero Burger
- 1 cooked burger
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and place the burger into the middle
- Cook on full power for 2 minutes until the egg is cooked through
- Add the cheese onto the burger and cook for a further 30-60 seconds
- In the meantime finely chop the onion and tomatoes and mix together with the garlic and salt
- Place the tomato salsa on top of the cheese, burger and egg and serve immediately
If a burger breakfast is not really your thing check out my delicious Mexican Baked Eggs
Follow me on Facebook for my latest recipes, offers and healthy tips. Keep your body and mind working well together.