Quick Braised Red Cabbage Recipe need not be avoided until the festive season. This colourful side goes along with any main meat dish and is especially well suited to chicken or sausages.
A fast recipe with only a few ingredients, you need not be afraid of trying this one. It makes a hearty and nutritious accompaniment, and it’s a doddle to make.
The salty bacon makes this dish you will want on your menu every week and the sweet cranberry sauce adds to the flavour with an edge of sweetness.
Feel free to add some alternative flavours to the Braised Red Cabbage Recipe, we like:
- Chilli flakes or fresh chilli
- Crushed walnuts (for some crunch)
- A splash of Red wine (why not?)
- Or swap the bacon for some fried chorizo
You can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Then, reheat in the microwave until piping hot.
Try serving this Braised Red Cabbage Recipe with one of our delicious main dishes:
Red Braised Cabbage Recipe
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 rashers bacon
- 1 large tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1/2 head large red cabbage
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Place a large pan over medium heat
- cut bacon rashers up into the pan and cook stirring for 3 minutes
- Add the butter and allow to melt completely
- Shred the cabbage and add to the pan then cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes
- Remove the lid and add the cranberry sauce, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper then stir to combine
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 15 minutes
- The cabbage will be perfectly cooked and ready to serve immediately
For regular recipe updates follow us on Facebook! Or hit the red bell!