It’s one of my kids’ favourite recipes, and I think Banana Berry Pancakes could be your favourite too!
Higher in protein and lower in carbohydrates compared to standard pancakes these yummies are a middle road between healthy and well… unhealthy. All of the sweetness comes from the berries and bananas so we have no sugar included. And, the bananas and egg bind beautifully so we only need a little flour too.
Do not omit the baking powder, it’s the most important part to keep the pancakes thick and fluffy. After you add it to the mixture, fold in gently or they will lose their fluffy light texture. Also, make sure your baking powder is not too old as this can affect how it will work in the recipe.
Serve up with some natural yogurt and if you don’t need to avoid sugar completely, a drizzle of honey.
Banana and Berry Pancakes
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup berries mixed or your favorite – frozen
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl with a fork until liquid like
- Break the eggs into the banana much and mix together
- Add the milk, berries, flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until just combined
- Preheat a smooth frying pan over medium heat
- Use some kitchen paper to rub a small amount of butter onto the pan
- Add 3 or 4 blobs of the mixture into the pan and cook until you see some bubbles appear on the surface
- Use a spatula to flip the Pancakes and cook for a few minutes until they bounce back when touched lightly
- Serve up with some yogurt and honey
For all of my recipes and tips follow me on Facebook
If you love Banana Berry Pancakes and healthier sweet treats check out my other recipes: