Baked figs are actually a new experience for me?
In fact, I was completely in the dark about the delightful world of the fig until last summer. Walking in Portugal there is an abundance of these delicious little fruits hanging from the trees everywhere I looked. We even had neighbours bringing them to us by the bucket load?
As you can imagine I had to find some suitable recipes quick smart style.? These Baked Figs are perfect as a breakfast, lunch or even appetizer.? And, they are extremely good for you.
Do you know baked figs contain a powerhouse of health benefits?
- They can aid weight loss
- Erectile dysfunction
- Regulate blood pressure
- High in antioxidants
- Thought to combat various cancers
- Treat constipation
- Lower cholesterol
- Figs can help with diabetes and blood sugar control as well as curbing sweet cravings
- Promote good bone health
- Help promote healthy liver function
So if you were on the fence about making this recipe, I guess you should just give it a shot for the sake of your health right?
You?re welcome ?
- 8 figs
- 80 g Gorgonzola Cheese
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C / 425F
- Cut a cross deep into each fig and squeeze the bottom up so the top opens up
- Divide the Gorgonzola Cheese into 8 cubes and place one in the centre of each fig with a basil leaf and a walnut
- Drizzle a few drops of olive oil over the figs and bake for around 8 minutes
- Remove from the oven just before the cheese completely melts – you do not want to overcook the little beauties
- Serve up on some soft salad leaves like spinach or lambs leaf with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar