With the popularity of avocado skyrocketing, I thought I have to let you all know about this amazing Spanish Avocado Soup. With its extremely cooling and refreshing flavor, it is perfect for the summer months. Cold soups are quite understandably more popular in the warmest of countries and have only become more popular in the United Kingdom in the last five to ten years.
The health benefits of this avocado soup must not be ignored, sure, this super fruit is high in fat but this fat is the most incredibly powerful body fat burning fat you could ever wish for and the effects it can have on the body include;
- Lowering cholesterol
- Aiding weight loss
- Powerful antioxidant which can help protect the eyes amongst many other things
- An overall improvement in health
So, overall this avocado soup is going to give you a giant boost of nutrients in raw form, give you a great energy boost and could assist you in weight loss too?.that must be a bonus.
As an added benefit, this soup is unbelievably quick and easy to make, all you need is a blender and some ice to chill the soup perfectly.
I hope you love this recipe as I am a big fan of Spanish food, so it certainly gets the thumbs up from me.
Oh, and one last thought for you which thought I should mention if you are not convinced to try this recipe, it is alleged that avocado may prevent cancer, now that is a thought.
Avocado Soup – Spanish Chilled Soup in 3 Easy Steps
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 150 ml / ? cup chicken stock cooled
- 1 lime
- 2 spring onion / scallions white part only
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander
- Large handful of ice
- 1 pinch paprika
- Peel and destone avocado and peel garlic
- Add all of the remaining ingredients in a blender and on high speed blend until smooth (retain a little coriander to garnish)
- Pour into serving bowls, top with coriander, season to taste and serve immediately
- Wow?.that was easy