This super healthy Avocado Pasta is packed full of nutrients and is super tasty too.
It is a well-known fact that garlic is good for you as it contains a multitude of different vitamins. But, more importantly it has strong anti-inflammatory properties which help the body fight off colds and flu.
Other benefits include;
- Lowering Cholesterol
- Reduces the risk of Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Reduces blood pressure
- Aids weight loss
As a nutritionist I advise everyone eats one avocado a day, this super little fruit contains the healthiest fat. They will fill you up easily as well as improving skin and hair.
Check out my Green Super Smoothie for a great way to consume your 1 avocado a day.
Keep this recipe for an after exercise lunch or dinner. My recommendation is to eat a carbohydrate rich meal like this after exercise and stick to low carb for all other meals. Our bodies require carbohydrates for fuel but if we are not overly active there is enough found in the vegetables we eat.
If you need help or guidance on the foods you should be eating, you can find your free 5 day meal plan here.
So, it is easy to see why the garlic and avocado make this recipe a very healthy option.
Avocado Pasta - Healthy Pasta Dish
- 100 g / 4oz whole grain spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 avocado
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Small bunch of coriander
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh red chilli optional
- Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water for 12 – 15 minutes and drain
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and add ½ tbsp. of olive oil and the garlic clove finely chopped
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and chop roughly
- Add the avocado to the cooking garlic and stir continuously for 1 minute
- Add remaining oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika
- Add a splash of water so the ingredients do not stick to the pan
- Add the wholegrain spaghetti to the frying pan and combine all ingredients and warm through
- Finely chop the coriander and half the tomatoes and add both to the pan (keep back some coriander to garnish)
- Cook for 4 minutes
- Sprinkle finely sliced chilli and remaining coriander to serve