My Vegetable Noodles Chilli Chicken recipe is a great low carbohydrate option packed full of flavour and nutrients, you will not be disappointed with this dish and it is such a quick and easy recipe and the coriander goes particularly well with the chilli chicken.
If you do not have a Spiralizer to create the vegetable ribbons for this Vegetable Noodles Chilli Chicken recipe you can use a vegetable peeler.
The spiralizer is a fantastic tool for people who are trying to reduce carbohydrates from their diet by replacing pasta with vegetable noodles. This gadget can shred any vegetables including cucumber, carrot, courgettes and onions into ribbons and can make delicious vegetable noodle free stir fry.
Feel free to play around with the flavours and use your favourite herbs if preferred and use less chilli if you please.Print
Vegetable Noodles Chilli Chicken
1 tsp. muscovado sugar
2 garlic cloves
1 red chilli
Juice of one lemon
2 chicken breasts
1 large bunch of coriander
Juice of one lime
1 large carrot
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 scallions/spring onion
Salt & pepper
- Combine sugar, one garlic clove, peeled and crushed and red chilli, deserved and finely chopped into a bowl to make the marinade
- Stir in the juice of one lemon and add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the chicken breasts in a freezer bag and pour in the marinade
- Seal the freezer bag and massage the marinade into the chicken breasts and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Add coriander, one garlic clove, juice of one lime, salt and pepper into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Slowly add water until it reaches a smooth sauce consistency
- Remove marinated chicken from the fridge and place in an oven-proof dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 190C/370F/Gas Mark 5 for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking Spiralizer the courgette and carrot to make vegetable noodles, if you don’t have a spiralizer you can easily create the ribbons by using a vegetable peeler
- Place a frying pan on a medium/high heat and add olive oil
- When pan is hot fry your courgette and carrot ribbons for 3 minutes
- Stir into the pan the coriander sauce from the blender and combine with the courgette and carrot ribbons for a further 4/5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- When the chicken has cooked, place a generous serving of the vegetable ribbons on a flat plate, place the chilli chicken on top and serve with a sprinkle of finely chopped scallions (spring onion)
I hope you enjoy this Chilli Chicken with Coriander Vegetables and check out some of my other recipes and subscribe to my list to ensure you receive all my new recipes
Here are some of the kitchen gadgets I used to create this recipe, so easy to use with magnificent results;