Roast Vegetable and Couscous Salad – Couscous Recipe
This Roast Vegetable and Couscous Salad is a great winter salad recipe and is perfect if you make extras and take it to work the following day as it can be enjoyed hot or cold and is a great couscous recipe.
Couscous is easy to prepare, cheap and a healthy alternative to pasta and as it is not generally eaten on its own, it is perfect with a variety of vegetables, herbs and spices.
Roast Vegetable and Couscous Salad
200g (1 cup/7oz) couscous
2 peppers (any colour)
1 large pinch cayenne pepper
1 large pinch paprika
1 large pinch chilli flakes
Small handful of fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp. (30ml) balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 200⁰C/390⁰F and wash vegetables.
- Chop all vegetables roughly into one-inch cubes, place in a roasting tray and generously cover with olive oil.
- Sprinkle vegetables with chilli flakes, salt and pepper and shake to ensure coated well.
- Place in the oven to roast for 40 minutes, shaking halfway
- Place couscous in a bowl with cayenne pepper, paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour boiling water over couscous (it should come to 1 cm above the level of the couscous) and cover with lid or cling film until all the water is absorbed.
- Stir the couscous and the vegetables together in a bowl, add a splash of olive oil and the basil leaves.
- Transfer to serving bowl and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and some fresh ground black pepper.