Mozzarella with Salsa – Mozzarella Recipe
A pretty plateful, this Mozzarella Recipe with Salsa is perfect for the centre of the table to accompany any Italian dish.
Mozzarella is a traditional southern Italian dairy product made from Italian buffalo’s milk, their milk has almost double the solid content of cow’s milk and has a higher percentage of protein and fat, including the “good” unsaturated fats such as oleic acid. Today mozzarella can also be obtained with cow’s milk or a mixture of both.
It is wrong to consider mozzarella a low-fat cheese because it really should be produced with whole milk. It is unnatural, impossible and forbidden to produce fat-free cheese. But it is equally true that fresh cheeses, that mature rapidly, are more watery and, consequently, produce fewer calories than a denser cheese of equal weight.
Enjoy this lovely little salad, the salsa gives it a light fresh taste….
6 large tomatoes
Handful of coriander
1 small red onion
2 sundried tomatoes
1 chilli (choose according to taste)
300g (10.5oz) mozzarella
Handful of basil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Roughly chop salsa ingredients and place in a food processor, pulse until well cut and combined but with some chunks (you can chop to desired consistency by hand if you prefer).
- Slice mozzarella and arrange on a large flat serving plate.
- Spoon the salsa over the mozzarella.
- Garnish with Basil leaves, crack over the black pepper, and drizzle over a large glug of olive oil,
- Serve this Mozzarella recipe immediately.
If you like this recipe you can find it and 49 other salad recipes in my book “Around The World in 50 Salads” and if you love anything cheese check out my Courgette and Cheese Soup, It is super yummy.
Note – we will make a small commission if you decide to purchase any of the above items