This Marinated Feta recipe can be used in many ways including; on pitas, with salads, or crumbled on roasted vegetables, yum!
400g (14oz) Feta Cheese
235ml (1cup) Olive Oil
5 peeled garlic cloves
Juice of 1 lemon
1 red onion
1 fresh red chilli
1 tbsp.(15ml) red wine vinegar
Large handful of coriander
Salt and Pepper
Note: Steps one and two should be carried out at least one hour before making the rest of the recipe.
- Finely slice chilli and mix with red wine vinegar and a generous pinch of salt in a small bowl and place in the fridge.
- Place the garlic and olive oil in a bowl and cover with lid or cling film and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut Feta into large cubes and place in a large Tupperware box.
- Finely slice the red onion and coriander then scatter over the Feta, and add the remaining ingredients, the garlic oil, and vinegar mix and gently toss until the feta is coated, add more oil if required.
- Seal the container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve when the occasion arises – will store for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.