Being a lifelong lover of Pate, I knew exactly what was gonna go down in my house when my husband brought home 3 packs of chicken livers the other night. Yip, you guessed it Chicken liver pate. I guess you already knew that since your here for the recipe.
Anyway, this is the most amazing smooth, creamy and luxurious pate, and it’s so simple to make. It would make the perfect starter for Christmas day or perfect for lunch anytime!
Please remember the pate does need at least 5 hours in the fridge to set so It is the perfect dish to make ahead of time with less fuss when serving.
P.S did you know that new research shows pate is super good for you in moderation and as long as it is homemade, so what are you waiting for? Get on with it now… and if you do give it a go, please share your pictures of your Chicken Liver Pate with me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram!!!
The Easiest Luxury Chicken Liver Pate
1 pink lady apple
1/2 cup butter split into 4 portions
1 small pinch dried thyme
400g / 1 1/2 cups chicken livers
2 large pinches of salt
1 large pinch pepper
Juice of 1/4 lemon
3 tbsp. double cream
2 tbsp. brandy
Toasted bread, sliced onion and cranberry jelly to serve
- Peel and cut the apple and onion roughly into chunks
- Heat 1 portion of the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat
- Add the apple and onion to the pan and fry for 6-8 minutes until the onion is translucent
- Add the thyme combine and cook for a further 2 minutes then transfer to a food processor
- Put the same frying pan back on a medium heat and add another portion of butter
- Once the butter has melted add the chicken liver and a pinch of salt and pepper then cook for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked through
- Transfer to the food processor with the first ingredients
- Blend until smooth and then allow to cool for 10 minutes at room temperature whilst still in the food processor
- Add another portion of butter, the lemon juice, cream, salt, and brandy to the food processor and pulse until combined
- Pour the pate into a serving dish
- Melt the remaining butter and pour over the top of the pate to seal
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving
Some items you may need for this recipe: