If you are looking for a warming comfort food recipe which is pretty healthy too, look no further. This Italian Baked Meatballs dish will have you drooling before you even get it to the table.
I usually try and reduce sugar and carbohydrates from my meals. But, I must admit a lovely slice of crusty bread dunked in this tomato sauce would be heavenly… perhaps I’ll keep that for a treat day!
If you are a sucker for comfort food, why not check out my Dream Cheese Toast recipe, you’ll love it.Print
Italian Baked Meatballs
1 tbsp olive oil
12 raw beef meatballs
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1 pinch salt
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp capers
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 mozzarella balls
ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat and add the oil
- Add the meatballs to the pan to brown all over shaking the pan occasionally to prevent them from sticking
- Sprinkle Cayenne, paprika, and salt over the meatballs and give them a shake and then turn the heat down to low-medium
- Grate the carrot and chop the onion and garlic finely and add to the pan with the meatballs and cook until translucent
- Add the capers and the chopped tomatoes to the pan and stir to combine
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/355f
- Transfer the meatballs to an ovenproof dish
- Cut or grate the Mozzarella cheese and arrange on top of the meatballs
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is fully melted and gooey
- Serve immediately with your favorite vegetables
So, Baked Meatballs are officially my new favorite! I hope you love them too! Please leave a comment and a picture of yours if you tried the recipe, and pin it for your friends to see too!
I love to connect with you guys, Follow us on Twitter so you can see every new recipe PRONTO!
And, if you love to cook Italian, check out some of the awesome books on Amazon:-
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $17.23Was: $35.00
Price: $28.94Was: $40.00
Price: $22.04Was: $35.00
Price: $22.37Was: $28.00
Price: $24.23Was: $35.00