Are you a chilli lover? This Habanero Mac and Cheese will surely get your taste buds tingling. Deliciously oozing with tangy cheese and the fragrant hit of habanero chilli in every bite. You can add any chilli pepper you like of course, or why not try bacon or sundried tomato as an alternative. Whatever way you like it, just get cooking!
Habanero Mac and Cheese
1 tbsp. corn starch
1 cup milk
1 pinch of salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 habanero chilli – add as much as you please
1 cup strong cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cup cooked pasta
1/4 cup chilli cheese (more cheddar is fine too)
- Add a splash of milk and the cornstarch in a microwavable jug and stir until smooth
- Grate the cheddar cheese and add to the jug with salt, pepper and sliced habanero chilli
- Microwave for 2 minutes at a time stirring thoroughly each time it stops to prevent sticking and lumps forming – stop when you have reached a thick consistency (approx 4-6 minutes depending on your microwave
- Pre-heat your grill to full power
- Place your cooked pasta in an ovenproof bowl and pour over the cheese sauce
- Top with grated chilli cheese and place under the grill until golden brown and bubbly…YUM!