We all know by now just how amazing Kale is for our health but sometimes I feel it can be a little boring and bland. No more, my friends, this Habanero Chilli Kale recipe is full of flavour with a major kick from the chilli.
You can, of course, use any chilli pepper, however, I love the perfumed flavour of the Habanero.
Contrary to the belief that raw vegetables are better than cooked, Kale and spinach, amongst others, actually gain goodness from the cooking process.
So, try it out, you have nothing to lose! Let me know what you think!
Habanero Chilli Kale – Chili Kale
6 rashers of bacon
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp. butter
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice 1/2 lemon
1 pinch salt
1 pinch ground pepper
1 pinch paprika
1 habanero pepper
- Cut the bacon into small chunks and cook on a medium heat until browning
- Finely chop the garlic and fry with the bacon and butter for 1 minute further
- Remove any tough stalks from the Kale and place in the pot and cover with the lid until wilted down
- Season with lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and paprika
- Finely chop the habanero chilli pepper and stir into the Kale then serve immediately
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $8.67Was: $14.95
Price: $3.84Was: $19.99
Price: $14.95Was: $22.00
Price: $14.58Was: $15.99
Price: $10.87Was: $15.99
Price: $7.48Was: $10.83