So, you’re looking for Pork Tenderloin Recipes to liven up that pretty boring piece of pork you have in the fridge? You have come to the right place, you will never want to eat pork any other way again.
The marinade and cooking process ensure this recipe is sweet, succulent and quite honestly to die for… Sticky and rich on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside, who could resist.
It’s well worth making sure you leave the pork to marinade overnight but, I have included instructions to use if you don’t have that kind of time on your hands, either way, it’s a delicious dish and I hope you enjoy it!
Please leave me a comment and a photo of how yours turns out!!! And check out some of my other Chinese recipes here. Feel free to contact me if you have any recipe requests too, I love to connect with you.
Find more pork tenderloin recipes here!
Chinese Roast Pork – Pork Tenderloin Recipes
Pork Fillet (approx 700-900g)
1/2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp molasses
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp sherry
1 crushed garlic clove
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 pinch Chinese 5 spice
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp fresh crushed ginger
- Mix the Marinade ingredients in a bowl
- Ensure the pork is no thicker than 5cm wide cut into 2 long strips if required (this will ensure the best flavour from marinade)
- Place the pork in the marinade and massage for a few minutes
- Cover and leave in the refrigerator overnight – if you do not have time for this, massage the meat every 30 minutes until you need to cook
- Preheat the oven to 180C/355F
- Place the pork in a casserole dish or tray which has space to keep the juices
- Put in the center of the oven to cook for 90 minutes keeping aside the marinade
- Mix the honey and ginger with the marinade juices
- Remove the pork every 15 minutes during cooking, turn the meat over and brush the mixture on top each time
- Heat the grill and after 90 minutes of cooking pour any remaining marinade over the pork and place under the grill
- Cook until sticky and browning (I like to move the pork around in the juices and turn a few times during this process to pick up the most flavour)
- Remove the pork from the dish or tray and allow to rest on a board for 5 minutes
- Pour any meat juices from the board back into the cooking dish and mix together to create a drizzle for the pork
- Finely slice the pork and arrange on serving plate
- Pour over some of the drizzle and serve immediately with your favourite vegetables
If you love Chinese recipes as much as me, check out some of these Chinese recipe books on Amazon:-
Products from Amazon.com
Essential Wok Cookbook: A Simple Chinese Cookbook for Stir-Fry, Dim Sum, and Other Restaurant FavoritesPrice: $16.19Was: $17.99
Price: $11.39Was: $17.99
Price: $18.45Was: $30.00
Price: $20.00Was: $25.00