Well all you cheese fans, it doesn’t get much better than this.
Sweet and salty bacon with the gooey oozey squeltch of cheese (mmm, not sure that’s a real word). A great dinner party sharing starter or a fun snack for 2 while cosying up in front of a movie.
Grab some crusty bread and get dipping. Though be warned, it may get messy!
On another cheesey note, i’m slightly worried there may not be a great cheese selection in central Portugal. Best I make all the cheesy videos I can while still in the UK. I guess I will still have many goats cheese options, if thats your thing 🙂
Candied Bacon and Cheese – Melted Camembert Recipe
6 bacon rashers
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 pinch pepper
1 Camembert round cheese (approx 5 inches)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/355f
- Chop the bacon into small chunks and fry over a medium heat until browning
- Drain the fat from the bacon then place back into the pan over a low heat
- Add the honey, vinegar, sugar, cayenne, paprika, and pepper to the bacon and combine
- Cook for approx 8 minutes until sticky
- Place the cheese on a baking sheet and top with the candied bacon and bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cook for a few minutes before serving
As always, thanks for taking the time to take a look at our recipes! Subscribe on the right for a weekly update of our latest recipes and business going ons.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $10.07Was: $15.95
Price: $15.29Was: $19.00
Price: $12.06Was: $17.99
Price: $7.82Was: $7.95