This super healthy Avocado Pasta is packed full of nutrients and is super tasty too.
It is a well-known fact that garlic is good for you as it contains a multitude of different vitamins but more importantly it has strong anti-inflammatory properties which help the body fight off colds and flu.
Other benefits include;
- Lowering Cholesterol
- Reduces the risk of Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Reduces blood pressure
- Aids weight loss
So, it is easy to see why the garlic and the other ingredients in this recipe make it a very healthy option.
100g / 4oz whole grain spaghetti
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove
Pinch of salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
½ tsp. paprika
Small bunch of coriander
Juice of 1 lemon
6 cherry tomatoes
1 fresh red chilli (optional)
- Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water for 12 – 15 minutes and drain
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and add ½ tbsp. of olive oil and the garlic clove finely chopped
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and chop roughly
- Add the avocado to the cooking garlic and stir continuously for 1 minute
- Add remaining oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika
- Add a splash of water so the ingredients do not stick to the pan
- Add the wholegrain spaghetti to the frying pan and combine all ingredients and warm through
- Finely chop the coriander and half the tomatoes and add both to the pan (keep back some coriander to garnish)
- Cook for 4 minutes
- Sprinkle finely sliced chilli and remaining coriander to serve
I hope you enjoy!
This Avocado Pasta is one dish where you are certainly not going to miss meat.
If you like our recipes why not check out our latest book “Around The World in 50 Salads”