This super healthy Avocado Pasta is packed full of nutrients and is super tasty too.
It is a well-known fact that garlic is good for you as it contains a multitude of different vitamins but more importantly it has strong anti-inflammatory properties which help the body fight off colds and flu.
Other benefits include;
- Lowering Cholesterol
- Reduces the risk of Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Reduces blood pressure
- Aids weight loss
So, it is easy to see why the garlic and the other ingredients in this recipe make it a very healthy option.
Avocado Pasta – Healthy Pasta Dish
100g / 4oz whole grain spaghetti
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove
Pinch of salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
½ tsp. paprika
Small bunch of coriander
Juice of 1 lemon
6 cherry tomatoes
1 fresh red chilli (optional)
- Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water for 12 – 15 minutes and drain
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and add ½ tbsp. of olive oil and the garlic clove finely chopped
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and chop roughly
- Add the avocado to the cooking garlic and stir continuously for 1 minute
- Add remaining oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika
- Add a splash of water so the ingredients do not stick to the pan
- Add the wholegrain spaghetti to the frying pan and combine all ingredients and warm through
- Finely chop the coriander and half the tomatoes and add both to the pan (keep back some coriander to garnish)
- Cook for 4 minutes
- Sprinkle finely sliced chilli and remaining coriander to serve
I hope you enjoy! This Avocado Pasta is one dish where you are certainly not going to miss meat.